Robert Pattinson Gets Awkward Kristen Stewart Question During NY Times Panel
11:50 am, August 16th, 2012VIDEO
The most awkward moment of Robert Pattinson’s Cosmopolis press tour has come courtesy of an unexpected place — The New York Times.
During a Wednesday TimesTalk panel interview with his director, David Cronenberg, Pattinson was asked about celebrity culture in the United States when he remarked, “I think it’s because America really wants to have a royal family.”
“You want to have a democratic royal family,” explained Pattinson, adding, “It’s a meritocratic version of it, sort of, actually, not it’s not at all.”
At that point, moderator David Carr interjected, ”So if you and [Kristen Stewart] have trouble, it’s like Charles and Di having trouble.”
The audience booed the question, Pattinson and Cronenberg laughed uncomfortably, and Carr told the crowd, ”I wasn’t really going there, just so you know.”
After stammering for a few moments, Pattinson said of the Charles-Diana comparison, ”I wouldn’t go that far.”
Check out the video below at the 52:00 mark!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together