Don’t “Look” Now: Robert Pattinson Response Seems Off
1:50 pm, April 6th, 2010
The dubious Robert Pattinson interview is a time-honored tradition.
Sometimes a magazine will make it sound as though personal subjects never discussed actually were.
Often an interview didn’t happen.
Now comes an “interview” in Look magazine that seems (mostly) believable… except for the very first question and answer.
Replies Pattinson, supposedly, “Money! And an unbelievable amount of patience.”
A couple of things.
First, Pattinson never “admitted” to dating Stewart. We hate to say it over and over, but outlets keep building on top of faulty premises built from reports that were never accurate. Again, this is NOT to say Pattinson and Stewart are or are not a couple.
But this ridiculous habit of treating their personal decisions as matters of public discourse — even after they’ve repeatedly shied away from discussing them — has got to stop.
Which brings us to our second point. While most of Pattinson’s responses in the Look piece seem to be consistent with what he’s said in other places while promoting Remember Me, answering a non-professional Kristen Stewart question with talk about how “money” is a key to his heart just seems… well, completely uncharacteristic.
Pattinson may have given a general answer about what he’s looking for in a woman with the “patience” portion, but it is NOT about Stewart.
And to use “Kristen Needs Patience to Date Me!” as a direct quotation and as the headline is a complete misrepresentation.
Pattinson said no such thing.
It seems like the magazine used a manipulated, highly dubious quote to frame an otherwise run-of-the-mill chat.
Gossip Cop reached out to multiple people at Look. We will update with any response we receive.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?