Reps Never Confirmed Robert Pattinson-Kristen Stewart Dating to Oprah
4:54 pm, May 7th, 2010
“Rob & Kristen Confirm They’re Dating — to Oprah!” screams a headline that sent Twilight fans into a frenzy this afternoon.
According to an E! Online story, when the cameras weren’t rolling on Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and Dakota Fanning – for an episode to air May 13 – Oprah Winfrey asked Pattinson and Stewart backstage if they were really a couple.
The report claims they “confirmed to Oprah backstage they are in fact dating.”
Oprah supposedly informed Pattinson and Stewart that she had to “go there” and ask on-camera if they were or weren’t together, knowing they wouldn’t address it seriously in public. But privately, “she wanted to know what was really happening.”
Says a so-called “spy”: “Obviously Oprah had to ask something during the taping, but agreed beforehand she wouldn’t be too hard on [Rob and Kristen] if they told her what was really going on. Both Rob and Kristen’s people and Summit then confirmed ahead of time [Rob and Kristen] are together and are dating. One hundred percent.”
Whether Pattinson and Stewart are dating is really up to them to discuss. Just this week in Elle magazine, Stewart said, “I would never cheapen my relationships by talking about them.”
Robsten may be together, but one thing Gossip Cop knows for a fact – after spending a good part of the day working on this – is that NO reps ever confirmed it to Oprah.
That scenario never happened, and when asked whether Oprah got the scoop off-camera because she simply had to know, a rep for the talk show queen tells Gossip Cop “it’s not true.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate