Daniel Craig Wants Robert Pattinson As Next James Bond?
11:12 am, January 25th, 2013
Is Robert Pattinson set to be the next James Bond?
OK! set the rumor in motion this week, implying that the spy franchise’s current star Daniel Craig has endorsed the Twilight actor as his replacement.
“Sources” tell the tabloid the “heartthrobs clicked” when they met at a recent party, and that Craig “said he’d like the 26-year-old screen vampire to succeed him as Agent 007.”
“Daniel told Rob he’d make a brilliant Bond and would like to see a young talented British actor take on the role,” explains an OK! insider. “Daniel’s signed on for two more Bond movies but is convinced he’ll do no more — for one thing, he hopes to start a family with [wife Rachel Weisz] soon… and wants to focus on that.”
The tab’s source says Pattinson told Craig he’s a big fan, but was “completely taken aback when the compliments were returned!”
According to OK!, Craig “thinks Rob’s Bond-ready right now.”
So is the Skyfall star really handpicking Pattinson to succeed him already?
While any number of young actors — including Pattinson — could some day wind up as the next 007, the tab’s story about Craig voicing a preference is completely off base.
OK! feels safe making proclamations about the next James Bond knowing there are still years left before Craig leaves and the role actually opens up.
But the mag does not have any insight into the matter.
A source close to Craig tells Gossip Cop there’s no truth to the OK! report.
NOTE: The discourse in the comments section on recent stories about Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart has occasionally sunk to nasty personal attacks and ugly language that adds little to the conversation. We’d like our site to be a place where people can show passion while still being civil. Please be respectful of fellow commenters. Also, spamming is NOT allowed.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?