Robert Pattinson: “I Want to Strangle” Whoever Came Up with “R-Patz” Nickname
2:20 pm, June 11th, 2012
If you ever have the opportunity to meet Robert Pattinson, don’t call him “R-Patz.”
The Cosmopolis star admits in a new interview that he actually dislikes the nickname.
“I don’t understand who invented that thing, ‘R-Patz,’” he tells The Guardian, adding, “I want to strangle them.”
Another misconception about him?
“It is surprising the amount of people who think I’m going to be really dumb. I think they think anyone who has done teen movies is just an idiot,” says Pattinson.
He continues, “I don’t know, maybe I am. Some of the best actors, if you talk to them, they’re not the smartest people in the world.”
For now, the actor is focused on his growing movie career, which has entered a new phase now that the Twilight Saga is nearing its conclusion.
Pattinson says he thought it would “take 10 years” to be seen as someone besides Edward Cullen, “so to get into Cannes the year that [Twilight] is finishing was fairly ridiculous.”
Still, he admits, “I don’t really know how accepted I am.”
“Nothing ever matters to me apart from the people with negative opinions. That’s literally it. That always drives me on to the next thing,” Pattinson tells the paper.
He explains, “It’s funny, you just focus on them and then the next movie. That’s the only thing you’re thinking about when it comes out.”
What do you think of Pattinson’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian