Robert Pattinson on Fame: “People Don’t Realize How Lonely You Are”
11:12 am, August 23rd, 2013
Asked about finally feeling like an adult at 27, the actor says, “I don’t know, I think it’s only the age. It’s strange, you start changing, childhood finishes and, suddenly you feel that even your physique is different, you feel heavier.”
Pattinson has been famous for a while now, although he never expected Twilight to become the phenomenon it did.
“No, not at all. I lived in a small apartment when the premiere arrived and didn’t even know if the sequels would be made,” he’s quoted as telling the magazine. “Then came the weekend of the premiere and it was, ‘Oops, now we must do the sequels.’”
And what does movie stardom mean?
Pattinson explains, “It’s strange, you don’t have a normal life anymore. You spend much time trying to fight it, but in the end you find another way to live. People don’t realize how lonely you are. In any case, I feel fortunate because success didn’t reach me very young and, at least, I had the opportunity to have a life before.”
As for his humility, Pattinson says that success makes some degree of self-deprecation important.
“When you become famous, it’s easy for some people to hate you just because you are famous,” says the star. “That’s why, sometimes, you beat yourself up.”
He claims that he’s “improving” when it comes to self-promotion.
“Before, I didn’t like that the image of myself with a big ego, but now I do,” jokes Pattinson. “Now I have a big ego.”
What do you think about Pattinson’s comments?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"