Robert Pattinson’s Supposed Elephant Accident De-Trunked
6:33 pm, August 25th, 2010
At least that’s what one story claims.
Pattinson “almost died while shooting his new movie Water for Elephants!” cries a Showbiz Spy item based on the National Enquirer.
What (supposedly) happened?
Rosie, a 9,000-pound elephant, “tossed Rob off her back — and nearly rolled over him” while they filmed a scene in which Pattinson gives the animal a bath while talking with Reese Witherspoon‘s character.
“The script called for the elephant to step forward while swinging her trunk from side to side, but Rosie got her signals mixed up,” according to a so-called “source.”
“Instead, she sat down on her big butt, lifted her front legs — then rolled over,” continues the Enquirer.
“Before anyone could react, Robert slid right down the elephant’s back. It could have been a disaster if she’d rolled over on him — but he got lucky, landing face first in a pile of dirt and mud. He was filthy, but unharmed.”
Well, if anyone knows about falling into filth, it’d be the National Enquirer.
But while the Rosie & Robert incident is dramatic — it’s 100% false.
A source close to Pattinson tells Gossip Cop the supposed elephant near-disaster is “untrue.”
Tusk tusk, Enquirer.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court