Robert Pattinson is No ‘Daredevil’
2:33 pm, March 18th, 2011
With the imminent arrival of Water for Elephants in theaters, there will be a spike in Robert Pattinson rumors (not that they ever really go away), and one that’s gained steam this week claims the actor could be up for the title role in an upcoming Daredevil reboot.
Ben Affleck starred as the blind superhero (and alter ego Matt Murdock) in a 2003 movie.
So what prompted these new rumors of Pattinson possibly taking over the part?
Well, his The Twilight Saga: Eclipse director David Slade was just announced as the director for the new Daredevil project. That development led many sites to speculate that Slade plans to recruit his former leading man as the hero.
It turns out, however, that there’s no truth to the buzz about Pattinson donning the tight red costume when the Daredevil character is reborn.
“Don’t know who dreams these stories up,” a source close to Pattinson tells Gossip Cop.
We’ll continue to have accurate casting reports about Pattinson as the rumor mill heats up.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank