Madonna Admirer Who Staked Out Singer’s Apartment Found Guilty of Resisting Arrest
2:51 pm, November 10th, 2012
The former firefighter with a history of harassing Madonna has been convicted of resisting arrest outside the singer’s New York apartment back in September 2010.
Robert Linhart was found guilty by a jury on Friday and faces up to a year in jail.
He was arrested in September 2010 after parking his SUV near the pop star’s Manhattan residence and spray-painting love messages such as “Madonna, I need you.”
Police discovered Linhart had knives on him, and charged him with resisting arrest when they tried to haul him away.
After being busted twice in four days, Linhart was hit with a restraining order that he stay away from Madonna’s apartment.
Jurors in Friday’s decision reportedly explained that they did not believe Linhart constituted a threat to the Material Girl, but that police testimony concerning his behavior led them to believe he had indeed resisted arrest.
Linhart’s defense attorney says his client plans to appeal.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- The One Movie Ben Affleck Still Regrets
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley - Elegant In Black
- Science Explains: Why Miley Can't Keep Her Tongue in Her Mouth
- Ashley Tisdale's Tattoos: Trashy Or Tasteful?