Madonna Admirer Who Staked Out Singer’s Apartment Found Guilty of Resisting Arrest
2:51 pm, November 10th, 2012
The former firefighter with a history of harassing Madonna has been convicted of resisting arrest outside the singer’s New York apartment back in September 2010.
Robert Linhart was found guilty by a jury on Friday and faces up to a year in jail.
He was arrested in September 2010 after parking his SUV near the pop star’s Manhattan residence and spray-painting love messages such as “Madonna, I need you.”
Police discovered Linhart had knives on him, and charged him with resisting arrest when they tried to haul him away.
After being busted twice in four days, Linhart was hit with a restraining order that he stay away from Madonna’s apartment.
Jurors in Friday’s decision reportedly explained that they did not believe Linhart constituted a threat to the Material Girl, but that police testimony concerning his behavior led them to believe he had indeed resisted arrest.
Linhart’s defense attorney says his client plans to appeal.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents