Robert Downey Jr. Planning Some Like It Hot Remake With Jude Law?
1:15 pm, December 1st, 2011
“After cross-dressing for his latest ‘Sherlock Holmes’ movie, Robert Downey Jr. plans to film a remake of the classic gender-bending comedy ‘Some Like It Hot’!” exclaims the National Enquirer.
But that’s not all.
According to the tabloid, “Downey has even recruited British heartthrob Jude Law, his co-star in the upcoming sequel ‘Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadow,’ to join him in the drag extravaganza.”
Yes, the mag claims that they had so much fun cross-dressing for scenes in the next Sherlock Holmes film, they plan to remake a classic like the Marilyn Monroe starrer just so that they can wear women’s clothes.
No word yet on whether they’ll also go Christmas shopping on Rodeo Drive dressed like ladies.
Anyway, in a completely fabricated and fully expository quote from a so-called “source,” it’s explained, “Robert is set to take Tony Curtis‘ role of Joe, and Jude will have Jerry, Jack Lemmon‘s part.”
While they’re still looking for someone to play Monroe’s role of singer Sugar Kane, the tab says Downey and Law “have asked ‘Holmes’ director Guy Ritchie to helm the ‘Hot’ remake.”
Here’s what’s true: Downey and Law can be seen in the upcoming Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
Here’s what’s false: The entire Enquirer article.
A source close to Downey tells Gossip Cop that he and Law are NOT doing a remake of Some Like It Hot.
The only drag here is the reporting from the Enquirer.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss