Robert De Niro Breaks Down While Discussing Bipolar Disorder on Katie
9:59 am, February 5th, 2013VIDEO
Robert De Niro broke down in tears on “Katie” while discussing the subject of bipolar disorder in Silver Linings Playbook.
The acting icon began to cry after Katie Couric asked him, “Did you feel a greater responsibility about doing a film that [director David O. Russell] had so much personally invested in?” referring to the fact that Russell’s own son has a mood disorder.
(Note: Russell’s son Matthew plays the nosy next door neighbor whom De Niro chases out of the yard in the film).
De Niro started, “Oh, of course, I understand what he…” before getting too choked up to continue.
Bradley Cooper comforted De Niro by putting his hand on his costar’s shoulder.
After accepting a tissue from Couric, De Niro continued, “I don’t like to get emotional, but I know exactly what he goes through,” gesturing towards Russell on the far side of the couch.
Check out the emotional video below.
(De Niro chokes up at the 5-minute-mark)
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents