Lawyer: Rip Torn to enter rehab as early as tomorrow; Slated back in Court Feb. 17
12:28 pm, February 1st, 2010BREAKING!
A lawyer for Rip Torn says the actor was so drunk that he thought he was in his own home when police arrested him inside a bank on Friday night with a loaded revolver.
During an arraignment this morning, A. Thomas Waterfall told the court, “Obviously, he wasn’t there intending to commit a crime,” adding that Torn never pointed the gun at police or held it in a threatening manner.
Torn’s attorney noted that his client would enter rehab as early as tomorrow. And the lawyer added in court,”The history here is clear that there’s an alcohol issue that needs to be addressed.”
Torn was taken into custody after police found him inside the Litchfield Bancorp building at 9:45pm on Friday. A window was broken, Torn was intoxicated, and he was arrested on charges including burglary, trespassing, carrying a firearm while intoxicated, and carrying a weapon without a permit.
Torn arrived at court this morning shackled to three other prisoners before his attorney addressed the court.
He’s next due in court on February 17. He’ll enter a plea then.
Gossip Cop will have updates…
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for more news.
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?