WATCH: Rion Paige, Blind and Disabled, Compared to Carrie Underwood on X Factor
9:20 pm, September 11th, 2013VIDEO
Rion Paige is a star in the making, Simon Cowell declared on the premiere of “The X Factor” on Wednesday.
The 13-year-old, who revealed she’s largely blind in her right eye and has a disability, arthrogryposis, that has left her with limited use of her hands, proved that her medical issues haven’t stopped her from living a full — and musical — life.
Paige performed Carrie Underwood’s “Blown Away” and received a standing ovation from the entire panel.
“Rion, I’m just so impressed right now, and I cannot believe the struggles that you’ve had and how positive you are,” Demi Lovato told her.
Paulina Rubio said, “Music heals everything, and I’m honored to live this with you.”
And Kelly Rowland told Paige, “Rion, I just witnessed passion. I think that’s what I loved most about it. Just everything about you is so incredible.”
But it was Cowell who was most effusive in his praise, telling the contestant, “I think you’re literally extraordinary. I really do.”
“I remember the day I met Carrie Underwood and I remember predicting this girl was going to go on and do special things with her life,” the former “American Idol” judge went on, “and I’m gonna say the same thing about you, Rion.”
“I’m gonna remember this audition for a long, long time,” continued Cowell, adding later, “This is the easiest yes I’ve ever given anybody in my life.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Mila Kunis Does Bridesmaid Duty For Her Brother
- Kim Kardashian Strips Down To A String Bikini
- 'Fast & Furious' Team Release Video Tribute To Paul Walker
- Justin Bieber is a Metal Head?