WATCH: Rion Paige, Blind and Disabled, Compared to Carrie Underwood on X Factor
9:20 pm, September 11th, 2013VIDEO
Rion Paige is a star in the making, Simon Cowell declared on the premiere of “The X Factor” on Wednesday.
The 13-year-old, who revealed she’s largely blind in her right eye and has a disability, arthrogryposis, that has left her with limited use of her hands, proved that her medical issues haven’t stopped her from living a full — and musical — life.
Paige performed Carrie Underwood’s “Blown Away” and received a standing ovation from the entire panel.
“Rion, I’m just so impressed right now, and I cannot believe the struggles that you’ve had and how positive you are,” Demi Lovato told her.
Paulina Rubio said, “Music heals everything, and I’m honored to live this with you.”
And Kelly Rowland told Paige, “Rion, I just witnessed passion. I think that’s what I loved most about it. Just everything about you is so incredible.”
But it was Cowell who was most effusive in his praise, telling the contestant, “I think you’re literally extraordinary. I really do.”
“I remember the day I met Carrie Underwood and I remember predicting this girl was going to go on and do special things with her life,” the former “American Idol” judge went on, “and I’m gonna say the same thing about you, Rion.”
“I’m gonna remember this audition for a long, long time,” continued Cowell, adding later, “This is the easiest yes I’ve ever given anybody in my life.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss