Miss USA Rima Fakih Pleads No Contest to Drunk Driving
4:02 pm, April 11th, 2012
Rima Fakih, the first Arab-American to be crowned Miss USA, pleaded no contest to drunk driving on Wednesday, stemming from a 2011 arrest.
According to the police, when Fakih was picked up last December in Highland Park, Michigan, her blood alcohol level was twice the legal limit, and she was driving erratically while speeding at 60 miles per hour in a 30 miles-per-hour zone.
The cops also found an open container of champagne in her 2011 Jaguar.
After pleading no contest on Wednesday, Fakih said, “You learn, you pay your price for making mistakes and you move on.”
The former Miss USA will be sentenced on May 9, at which time she may just get probation or as many as 93 days behind bars.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties