Rihanna Suing Topshop For $5 Million
12:01 pm, May 17th, 2013
Rihanna is reportedly suing Topshop for $5 million because the British clothing company is selling T-shirts with her face on them — without her consent.
But there’s a hitch.
In the U.K., companies can buy the photos they use for images on clothing, for example, and don’t have to pay the featured celebrity a fee for licensing their image. They simply need to compensate the photographer for his or her picture.
And while Rihanna knows that, reports the New York Post, she still filed a lawsuit in London, mostly because a source tells the paper Topshop allegedly told her, “Go to hell. We don’t care; we are going to continue selling you.”
The paper’s source says Rihanna is suing on “principle” because she “wants to make a statement” about Topshop “taking advantage of artists.”
“It is just exploitation,” adds the Post’s source.
Gossip Cop has reached out to reps for Rihanna and Topshop, but has yet to hear back.
What do you think of the lawsuit?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Niall Horan Gets Dream Date With Katy Perry?
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- Celebs Who Hate Each Other
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre