Rihanna Sued For Allegedly Ripping Off “S&M” Video
5:01 pm, February 14th, 2011
LaChapelle, who has shot celebs for a vast array of magazines, including Vanity Fair and Rolling Stone, filed a lawsuit today, alleging Rihanna ripped off eight of his images to use as the basis for the video for her song, “S&M.”
“The music video is directly derived from and substantially similar to the LaChapelle works,” reads a portion of the suit.
According to LaChapelle’s court papers, Rihanna’s video clearly copied the “composition, total concept, feel, tone, mood, theme, colors, props, settings, decors, wardrobe and lighting” of his images.
A rep for Rihanna has yet to comment.
Check out the video below:
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents