CLAIM: Rihanna “Angers” SNL Producers By Missing Dress Rehearsal
4:20 pm, May 6th, 2012
“Rihanna Angers ‘Saturday Night Live’ Producers by Missing Dress Rehearsal,” blares a headline from the usually reliable TMZ.
According to the site, Rihanna “was a no-show for her final rehearsal for ‘Saturday Night Live’ last night — which did not sit well with the show’s producers, including head man Lorne Michaels.”
TMZ says, “RiRi called in sick for the dress rehearsal, which is done live in front of a studio audience right before the actual show,” and that Michaels “takes dress rehearsals very seriously and was quite upset when Rihanna bailed at the last minute.”
But when the singer “showed up later looking just fine, we’re told the staff was shocked,” writes the site, adding that “SNL” bigwigs “felt she didn’t appear sick enough to have missed the dress rehearsal.”
What’s more, notes TMZ, “Once the live show got going, Rihanna was seen eating an apple and walking around in between songs… which bothered several staffers because she did not seem ill at all.”
So, was Rihanna lying in order to get out of performing during the dress rehearsal?
A longtime “SNL” insider tells Gossip Cop that the TMZ report is “not true,” and swears, “Rihanna wasn’t feeling well and saved her voice for the live show.”
“No one at the show was upset,” assures our source who has absolutely no reason to cover for Rihanna.
Check out video below of Rihanna’s performance of “Where Have You Been.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Jay-Z Needs To Work On His Picture Face
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Hayden Panettiere's Fake Boobs Look Like This Now
- Short Fashionistas Who Style Their Body Right