LISTEN: Rihanna Opens Up to Ryan Seacrest About Chris Brown
12:48 pm, March 15th, 2012AUDIO
Rihanna called into Ryan Seacrest’s radio show on Thursday morning and discussed a range of things (London, Battleship, going blonde, losing weight), but most interesting was her rationale for recently collaborating with ex Chris Brown.
“I reached out to him about doing ‘Birthday Cake’ because [he was] the only person that really made sense to do the record, just as a musician despite everything else [he] was going to be the person,” explains Rihanna.
She adds, “You know, I thought about rappers, and I’ve done that so many times, [but] the hottest R&B artist out right now is Chris Brown. So I wanted him on the track.”
Given Rihanna and Brown’s history, many fans had questioned her decision to collaborate with him musically.
But the “We Found Love” singer sees things differently.
“We did two records. One for my fans. One for his fans. And that way, our fans can come together,” Rihanna told Seacrest. “There shouldn’t be a divide.”
What do YOU think?
Hear the full audio below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- What Rapper Is Father To These Sweet Siblings?
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?