Rihanna on Chris Brown Reconciliation: “If It’s A Mistake, It’s My Mistake”
9:34 am, January 30th, 2013
“I wasn’t going to let anybody’s opinion get in the way of that. Even if it’s a mistake, it’s my mistake,” continues the singer.
She adds, ”After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I’d rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it.”
Rihanna’s relationship with Brown — which seems to be in a near-constant state of flux — has been under much scrutiny ever since he assaulted her in 2009, and the performer says she knows most people don’t understand why she’s reunited with him.
“When you add up the pieces from the outside, it’s not the cutest puzzle in the world,” says Rihanna. “You see us walking somewhere, driving somewhere, in the studio, in the club, and you think you know. But it’s different now.”
She continues, ”We don’t have those types of arguments anymore. We talk about sh*t. We value each other. We know exactly what we have now, and we don’t want to lose that.”
And Rihanna seems to firmly believe there’s little chance Brown would ever become violent with her again.
“He doesn’t have the luxury of f**king up again. That’s just not an option,” she says before admitting, ”I can’t say that nothing else will ever go wrong.”
“But I’m pretty solid in the knowing that he’s disgusted by that,” says Rihanna. ”And I wouldn’t have gone this far if I ever thought that was a possibility.”
Rihanna’s full interview in the January 31 issue hits newsstands Friday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank