Rihanna on Chris Brown Reconciliation: “If It’s A Mistake, It’s My Mistake”
9:34 am, January 30th, 2013
“I wasn’t going to let anybody’s opinion get in the way of that. Even if it’s a mistake, it’s my mistake,” continues the singer.
She adds, ”After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I’d rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it.”
Rihanna’s relationship with Brown — which seems to be in a near-constant state of flux — has been under much scrutiny ever since he assaulted her in 2009, and the performer says she knows most people don’t understand why she’s reunited with him.
“When you add up the pieces from the outside, it’s not the cutest puzzle in the world,” says Rihanna. “You see us walking somewhere, driving somewhere, in the studio, in the club, and you think you know. But it’s different now.”
She continues, ”We don’t have those types of arguments anymore. We talk about sh*t. We value each other. We know exactly what we have now, and we don’t want to lose that.”
And Rihanna seems to firmly believe there’s little chance Brown would ever become violent with her again.
“He doesn’t have the luxury of f**king up again. That’s just not an option,” she says before admitting, ”I can’t say that nothing else will ever go wrong.”
“But I’m pretty solid in the knowing that he’s disgusted by that,” says Rihanna. ”And I wouldn’t have gone this far if I ever thought that was a possibility.”
Rihanna’s full interview in the January 31 issue hits newsstands Friday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West