Rihanna Suddenly Too Sexy for Nivea, Fires Back at Company’s New Boss
7:07 pm, August 7th, 2012
Rihanna has been deemed too sexy for Nivea.
The singer, who appeared in advertisements for the skin care brand last year (see right) and was sponsored by the company on tour, apparently has an image at odds with what Nivea’s parent company Beiersdorf’s incoming CEO Stefan Heidenreich now wants to project.
Heidenreich is quoted in German newspaper Welt as saying the campaign starring Rihanna should have been a “no go.”
“I do not understand how to bring the core brand of Nivea in conjunction with Rihanna. Nivea is a company which stands for trust, family and reliability,” said the new boss.
The company had no such qualms about partnering with Rihanna in the first place, at the time expressing excitement about the “global music sensation” joining Nivea.
But obviously things changed with Heidenreich’s arrival.
In any case, Rihanna struck back — as she so often does — on Twitter.
The sharp-tongued performer held back on commentary, instead tweeting a photo of Heidenreich (BELOW) and the words: “No caption necessary.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?