Rihanna Grandmother “Dolly” Dies; Chris Brown Expresses “Love” and Condolences
12:09 pm, July 1st, 2012
Rihanna’s beloved grandmother Clara “Dolly” Brathwaite has passed away.
The singer took to Twitter, where she wrote, “Goodbye #grangranDOLLY get your beauty rest until I see you.”
Rihanna also posted several photos of her grandma, who passed away after a battle with cancer.
A slew of fans and friends, including Chris Brown and his mom, Joyce Hawkins, reached out to Rihanna in her time of grief.
Brown wrote on Twitter “Praying for family and the lost loved one. She was like my grandmother. Love you GRAN GRAN! RIP.”
And Hawkins tweeted, “May God Be With You and Your Family in Your Time of Sorrow. Love You Angel,” to which Rihanna appreciatively replied, “thank you! Love u mama.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Why Does Shailene Woodley Think Twilight is "Toxic?"
- Harry Styles Takes His Womanizing Ways to the Next Level
- Kylie and Kendall: The Jenner Sister's Most Stylish Moments
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her