Rihanna Dissed Beyonce and Katy Perry?
7:14 pm, March 29th, 2013
What’s this all about?
Well, Rihanna was named the “Most Influential Pop Star” by a British list that analyzed “social media activity, airplay and press coverage,” beating Beyonce, One Direction, Perry, and Justin Bieber.
On Instagram, Rihanna posted a screenshot of the news, along with the caption:
“I only know how to be number 1!! I could use a challenge… ‘How dat feel down there on ya knees, Huh?!’”
She then tweeted a link to the picture, following it up with the message, “It’s only March people… #2013isalreadyowned #staytuned #MoneyOvaB*tchez.”
Rihanna never called out Beyonce or Perry by name; she only brought attention to the U.K. rankings she’d topped, in characteristically bold fashion.
But Perez wants to think it’s the start of a major fight, writing, “The Diamonds singer got hella nasty on Twitter with two of the FIERCEST fems in the biz!!!”
The blogger continues, “Whoa!! We’re proud of you, gurl — we’re glad to see RiRi’s navy is running full steam ahead even across the Atlantic — but you just threw some SERIOUS shade at two of our faves!!”
Rihanna did not diss Beyonce or Perry.
If Perez and other outlets are assuming that by merely bragging about her #1 spot on the list, Rihanna was “slamming” her peers, wouldn’t that mean she was also throwing “shade” at One Direction, Bieber, and everyone else, too?
It just doesn’t make sense — except that certain webloids would love to see a feud among Rihanna and Beyonce and Katy Perry.
Rihanna has had friendly relationships with both women for years.
The only “incendiary” thing here is Perez’s imagination.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank