Rihanna Opens Up About Chris Brown in Elle UK: “I’ll Never Be a Victim”
7:33 pm, March 1st, 2013VIDEO
Talking about her renewed romance with Brown, who assaulted her in 2009, the singer says, “Right now, that’s just what we want, a great friendship, that’s unbreakable.”
“Now that we’re adults we can do this right,” Rihanna tells the magazine. ”We got a fresh start and we’re thankful for that.”
The “Stay” songstress even confirms that the ballad, about wanting true love to last, ties into their relationship.
“You don’t have that feeling with everybody so when you have it, you don’t want to let go of it,” Rihanna says. “I would definitely say he is the one I have that kind of relationship with.”
Those in fear, however, that history may repeat itself needn’t worry, says the star, who explains that her gun tattoo on the right side of her rib cage symbolizes her empowerment since the incident.
“Everybody wanted to know what was happening in my life. Is she a drug addict? No. Is she an alcoholic? No. Is she a victim? No,” Rihanna explains. “That’s why I got the gun. It was a symbol of strength. I’ll never be a victim.”
On the contrary, Rihanna is planning on being something else: a mom.
Asked where she sees herself in five years, the singer says, “I will probably have a kid.”
Rihanna’s full interview in the April issue of Elle hits newsstands March 6.
Check out behind-the-scenes video of the photo shoot below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties