Whoopi Goldberg Calls Rielle Hunter ‘Heartless’ During Tense The View Segment
1:04 pm, June 26th, 2012VIDEO
At one point, Hunter told the panel, “I’m not a big believer in infidelity,” an odd statement given the circumstances of her relationship with the onetime presidential candidate.
She explained, “I fell in love with him, which was a surprise to me, and I became that in order to be with him.”
Goldberg then brought up Hunter’s treatment of the late Elizabeth Edwards in her new memoir, “What Really Happened.”
“You trash a dead lady, whose husband you had an affair and a baby with, did it not occur to you that maybe that might not be the right tone to take?” asked Goldberg, calling it a “crappy thing to do.”
Hunter says she merely wanted to “tell the truth.”
Goldberg persisted, saying the whole thing makes Hunter “look bad… scheme-y… heartless.”
Edwards’ former flame then insisted she wanted to erase her public persona as a “home wrecker.”
Seemingly confused about how Hunter could not be considered a “home wrecker,” Goldberg put a fine point on it.
“You had unprotected sex with a married man, and had a baby, and then allowed people to pretend it wasn’t happening,” said the host. “You put an entire nation in a very awkward position, you have to see where people are coming from.”
It’s also revealed in the interview that Hunter and Edwards are no longer together.
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- The Best Celebrity Hairstyles
- 7 Of Katy Perry's Unforgettable And Wildest Latex Looks
- Macaulay Culkin Steps Out With New Girlfriend
- Is Lady GaGa After Miley Cyrus' Management?