Rick Ross Cancels Concerts Amid Threats From Gangster Disciples Gang
3:10 pm, December 7th, 2012
Rick Ross has canceled concerts in North Carolina after receiving gang death threats.
The rapper was slated to perform in Charlotte and Greensboro over the weekend on a bill including Meek Mill, Wale and Machine Gun Kelly, but scrapped the shows in the wake of YouTube video threats from the Gangster Disciples group.
According to reports, the gang’s local chapter warned Ross about visiting the area because the music star allegedly disrespected the gang’s imprisoned leader Larry Hoover in the song “B.M.F. (Blowin’ Money Fast),” while also appropriating the group’s symbol for his “Black Bar Mitzvah” mixtape.
In response, masked Gangster Disciples members posted a number of threatening videos concerning the rapper.
On Friday, Ross tweeted, “North Carolina I wuz so excited to perform tomorrow wit [Maybach Music Group]Promoters cancelled show but I’ll be Back ASAP. #luv.”
Live Nation has given no official reason for the cancellations.
A concert in Nashville on Sunday is currently still on as scheduled.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related