Rick Ross Cancels Concerts Amid Threats From Gangster Disciples Gang
3:10 pm, December 7th, 2012
Rick Ross has canceled concerts in North Carolina after receiving gang death threats.
The rapper was slated to perform in Charlotte and Greensboro over the weekend on a bill including Meek Mill, Wale and Machine Gun Kelly, but scrapped the shows in the wake of YouTube video threats from the Gangster Disciples group.
According to reports, the gang’s local chapter warned Ross about visiting the area because the music star allegedly disrespected the gang’s imprisoned leader Larry Hoover in the song “B.M.F. (Blowin’ Money Fast),” while also appropriating the group’s symbol for his “Black Bar Mitzvah” mixtape.
In response, masked Gangster Disciples members posted a number of threatening videos concerning the rapper.
On Friday, Ross tweeted, “North Carolina I wuz so excited to perform tomorrow wit [Maybach Music Group]Promoters cancelled show but I’ll be Back ASAP. #luv.”
Live Nation has given no official reason for the cancellations.
A concert in Nashville on Sunday is currently still on as scheduled.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank