Richard Gere Slams Pretty Woman, Calling It “Silly” and “Least Favorite” Film?
1:08 pm, March 19th, 2012
“Richard Gere: Pretty Woman Was Rubbish” touts Australia’s Woman’s Day in an “exclusive interview.”
The Aussie mag goes on to quote the actor as saying the classic film with co-star Julia Roberts was his “least favorite thing.”
“People ask me about that movie, but I’ve forgotten it. That was a silly romantic comedy,” Gere supposedly said.
The movie star, who most recently appeared in the financial thriller Arbitrage, allegedly connected Pretty Woman to the current economic crisis, supposedly noting that the flick promoted the absurdly wealthy Wall Street lifestyle.
“It made those guys seem dashing, which was so wrong,” Richard is quoted as saying. “Thankfully, today, we are all more sceptical (sic) of those guys.”
But did Gere really slam one of his most beloved movies?
A rep for Gere tells Gossip Cop, “We have no record of such an exclusive nor any interview for that matter with Gere and this publication.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship