Richard Gere Slams Pretty Woman, Calling It “Silly” and “Least Favorite” Film?
1:08 pm, March 19th, 2012
“Richard Gere: Pretty Woman Was Rubbish” touts Australia’s Woman’s Day in an “exclusive interview.”
The Aussie mag goes on to quote the actor as saying the classic film with co-star Julia Roberts was his “least favorite thing.”
“People ask me about that movie, but I’ve forgotten it. That was a silly romantic comedy,” Gere supposedly said.
The movie star, who most recently appeared in the financial thriller Arbitrage, allegedly connected Pretty Woman to the current economic crisis, supposedly noting that the flick promoted the absurdly wealthy Wall Street lifestyle.
“It made those guys seem dashing, which was so wrong,” Richard is quoted as saying. “Thankfully, today, we are all more sceptical (sic) of those guys.”
But did Gere really slam one of his most beloved movies?
A rep for Gere tells Gossip Cop, “We have no record of such an exclusive nor any interview for that matter with Gere and this publication.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related