Richard Engel & NBC News Team Freed After Kidnapping in Syria (VIDEO)
9:40 am, December 18th, 2012VIDEO
Richard Engel, NBC News’ chief foreign correspondent, has been freed from captivity five days after he and two others were abducted while on assignment in Syria.
A relieved Engel appeared on Tuesday’s “Today Show,” along with producer Ghazi Balkiz and cameraman John Kooistra, who had been traveling with rebels in the Middle Eastern country last week when gunmen swarmed the vehicle and kidnapped the trio.
While the NBC team was not physically beaten, they were subjected to psychological torture including mock executions.
They were eventually freed when their captors encountered rebels at a checkpoint and were killed in a firefight.
Engel, Balkiz and Kooistra were safely transported to Turkey, and recounted their harrowing experience on “Today.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship