Tom Hanks & Seth Green Going on Richard Branson’s ‘Virgin Volcanic’ Expedition?
1:15 pm, April 1st, 2012
In a press release, Richard Branson announced that the three celebs would join him on a journey into the Earth’s core via his new Virgin Volcanic explorer.
The entrepreneur noted, “I lava challenge,” and listed a few of the active volcanoes they would probe.
Despite the $1 million deposit for a chance to be part of the expedition, Hanks, who starred in Joe Versus the Volcano, is quoted as saying, “A window seat for a journey to the liquid core of our home planet would be a bargain at twice the price.”
And Seth Green, who is among a “long list of Early Volcanauts, including Arnold Schwarzenegger and Stephen Hawking,” notes, “Ever since filming Austin Powers, I’ve had this obsession with underground layers. I’ve waited patiently for Sir Richard to make the dream of traveling to the Earth’s core a reality.”
Of course, even though a few outlets reported the supposed press release as fact, there is NO reality to it at all.
It’s all an elaborate April Fools’ Day prank by Branson.
Were you fooled?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage