Tom Hanks & Seth Green Going on Richard Branson’s ‘Virgin Volcanic’ Expedition?
1:15 pm, April 1st, 2012
In a press release, Richard Branson announced that the three celebs would join him on a journey into the Earth’s core via his new Virgin Volcanic explorer.
The entrepreneur noted, “I lava challenge,” and listed a few of the active volcanoes they would probe.
Despite the $1 million deposit for a chance to be part of the expedition, Hanks, who starred in Joe Versus the Volcano, is quoted as saying, “A window seat for a journey to the liquid core of our home planet would be a bargain at twice the price.”
And Seth Green, who is among a “long list of Early Volcanauts, including Arnold Schwarzenegger and Stephen Hawking,” notes, “Ever since filming Austin Powers, I’ve had this obsession with underground layers. I’ve waited patiently for Sir Richard to make the dream of traveling to the Earth’s core a reality.”
Of course, even though a few outlets reported the supposed press release as fact, there is NO reality to it at all.
It’s all an elaborate April Fools’ Day prank by Branson.
Were you fooled?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?