Restless Road Makes Big Comeback, Gets Standing Ovation on X Factor Semifinals
10:06 pm, December 11th, 2013VIDEO
Restless Road made a big comeback in the final round of the semifinals on Wednesday’s “X Factor.”
After underwhelming most of the judges with their first two performances, the country trio received a standing ovation for their version of “Wanted” by Hunter Hayes.
Kelly Rowland said afterward, “Can I be honest? While you were performing that song, I was actually sitting here going, ‘They’re singing to me! It’s so cute!’ because, first of all, I was not expecting Zach and Andrew’s vocals to be incredibly strong the way they were.”
“And then Colton came at the end and gave me this incredible riff with a cherry on top,” said the singer.
Demi Lovato declared, “This was comfortable. This was confident. This is what you guys need to do.”
“I think you honestly just saved yourselves,” she went on. “This is mainstream. This is incredible.”
And Paulina Rubio exclaimed, “Finally you guys did an amazing vocal together when you blend, when each one of you had your own voice, and at the same time together as a group.”
She added, “Four months is little time [for] such an amazing improvement. Congratulations.”
And mentor Simon Cowell said his group “saved the best til last.”
“This is exactly the kind of record you should make,” he told them. “And what’s really impressive is how you’ve worked together to support each other.”
Earlier in the show, the act performed “That’s My Kind of Night” by Luke Bryan and collaborated with Jeff Gutt on “Every Breath You Take.”
Check out the videos below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us