Reports wrong: Casey Johnson has not been buried yet
12:22 pm, January 11th, 2010
Widespread reports that Casey Johnson was buried on Sunday are false, Gossip Cop has learned.
Yesterday RadarOnline claimed, “Casey Johnson was laid to rest Sunday. The Johnson & Johnson heiress, who was found dead in her rented Los Angeles home January 4, was buried at a New Brunswick, NJ cemetery.”
The article went on to say, “Casey’s close friend Nicky Hilton attended the memorial hosted by Casey’s devastated dad, New York Jets owner Robert Johnson… Not present was Casey’s girlfriend at the time of her death, Tila Tequila.”
News of Johnson’s burial was then picked up by outlets around the world, none of which bothered to fact-check the story.
Gossip Cop, however, spoke to a Johnson family source, who told us, “She hasn’t been buried, there’s been no funeral.” The insider added that RadarOnline had been told it wasn’t true, and yet went with the story anyway.
We hear that because of these inaccurate stories, the generally private Johnson is likely to issue a statement after Casey Johnson is actually buried.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank