Reports of Feuding Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall Are False
4:30 pm, September 24th, 2009
A story by the British Star magazine that’s spreading like the flu – because Perez Hilton and others passed it along without checking facts – has Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall fighting on the set of the new “Sex and the City” sequel.
According to these “war” reports, Parker and Cattrall “dislike each other so much they refuse to talk to one another, leaving the rest of the cast and crew feeling uncomfortable on set.” The mag has a so-called “source” who claims, “While the cast is all smiles on the outside, the level of dislike is unbelievable. No one is having a good time on this shoot.” The source, who goes on to say that Parker is nicknamed “Carrie Sadshaw,” alleges that Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis “dread coming into work.”
Hilton, in his version, adds, Parker “is having a hard time balancing filming and taking care of her 6 year old son and twin daughters… Umm, can’t she hire a nanny or three?”
OK, here’s where Gossip Cop needs to step in.
First, Parker’s rep says these reports are “false on every level.” And according to a source close to the production, “The camaraderie on the set is super tight. Really good.”
So actually, that’s why they’re “all smiles on the outside.”
And as for Perez’s swipe about SJP taking care of her kids, our insider says, “It’s important for [Parker] to be a hands-on mom and now its being twisted against her? She has what’s an appropriate and responsible [amount of help]. It also doesn’t cause any issues with her professional duties.”
We love how Perez faults a working mother for also tending to her young children. You stay classy, Scoop!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank