Report inaccurately claims Keira Knightley as “Fair Lady”
8:56 am, October 26th, 2009
“By George, she’s got it!” reads the headline of an article that reported, “Keira Knightley beats Scarlett Johansson to be My Fair Lady.”
According to a story in the Telegraph, which was picked up by numerous outlets, Keira Knightley has been tapped — over Scarlett Johansson — to play the part of Eliza Doolittle in a re-make of the 1964 film “My Fair Lady,” which had starred Audrey Hepburn.
The casting of Knightley comes as a big surprise – perhaps to Knightley as well. Her agent’s office told Gossip Cop that it was “not true” that she was chosen and, in fact, knew nothing about the production.
The misguided Telegraph story noted that Knightley had “begun singing lessons” to prepare for the part, but in actuality, the lessons were for her upcoming stage debut in a London production of the play, “The Misanthrope.”
With a little bit of luck, she could sign on, but as of now she is absolutely not attached to the film.
That same article mentioned Daniel Craig “as a possible Professor Henry Higgins,” but his rep said he wasn’t slated to do the re-make either.
You might like:
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z