Report: George Clooney buying girlfriend an Italian island
12:31 pm, February 24th, 2010
“George Clooney is so enthralled with [girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis],” reports the UK edition of OK!, “he’s done what any man in his loved-up state-of-mind would do – bought her an island complete with a fairytale castle.”
According to OK!, Clooney “purchased Loreto Island on the picturesque Lake Como” (where he already has a villa) for Canalis.
A source is quoted as saying, “They just fell in love with the island as soon as they saw it.”
But like a fairytale, this too is made up.
Clooney’s rep confirmed to Gossip Cop that the star has NOT bought Loreto Island nor does he intend to buy it.
Clooney himself has responded to the real estate rumors.
In a statement he says:
“To complete the news cycle… I’m not buying an island and am not selling my house in Italy… the story was made up… then picked up… and now denied… end of another riveting day of false news.”
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Emma Watson's Most Fabulous Short Hair Styles
- 20 Sexiest 'Where are they Now?" Girls
- Jack McBrayer Talks Life After "30 Rock"
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained