Report: George Clooney buying girlfriend an Italian island
12:31 pm, February 24th, 2010
“George Clooney is so enthralled with [girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis],” reports the UK edition of OK!, “he’s done what any man in his loved-up state-of-mind would do – bought her an island complete with a fairytale castle.”
According to OK!, Clooney “purchased Loreto Island on the picturesque Lake Como” (where he already has a villa) for Canalis.
A source is quoted as saying, “They just fell in love with the island as soon as they saw it.”
But like a fairytale, this too is made up.
Clooney’s rep confirmed to Gossip Cop that the star has NOT bought Loreto Island nor does he intend to buy it.
Clooney himself has responded to the real estate rumors.
In a statement he says:
“To complete the news cycle… I’m not buying an island and am not selling my house in Italy… the story was made up… then picked up… and now denied… end of another riveting day of false news.”
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z