Kelly Ripa’s Tearful Goodbye Speech to Regis Philbin (VIDEO)
10:31 am, November 18th, 2011VIDEO
Regis Philbin hosted his final “Live!” on Friday, ending a 28-year run that cemented his legacy as one of TV’s most familiar faces.
Beside co-host Kelly Ripa and in front of a studio packed with friends and luminaries including former co-host Kathie Lee Gifford, the 80-year-old Philbin said farewell to the morning television format he mastered.
The broadcast included New York mayor Michael Bloomberg awarding Philbin the key to the city, and a number of celebrities doing their best “Reege” impressions.
Ripa was particularly emotional about the era coming to an end, and gave a tearful prepared speech (VIDEO BELOW).
Gossip Cop will update with more videos from the big day.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs