Reese Witherspoon: There’s a Difference Between Being ‘Arrogant Jerk’ and ‘Proud’ of Oneself
9:56 am, April 29th, 2013
Reese Witherspoon talks about motherhood, empowering women, and much more in the UK magazine Red.
In an interview conducted before her disorderly conduct arrest, the movie star says, “As women, we shrug and smile and say, ‘Oh… me?’ because it makes it socially acceptable for us to be successful.”
“But there is a balance between being an arrogant jerk and being someone who is proud of their accomplishments,” adds the actress, offering, “We need to let successful women show off and support them.”
Witherspoon shares, “You have to be the best version of yourself and, if that means you have to be a bit self-promoting, then it’s okay.”
The A-lister cites displaying her Academy Award for Walk the Line in her living room as an example of this, and explains, “Because Lord knows every day is not a success. Every year is not a success. You have to celebrate the good.”
Witherspoon goes on to talk affectionately about her husband Jim Toth, her kids with Ryan Phillippe, Ava and Deacon, and her baby son Tennessee, whom she says “stole my brain.”
The Mud star reveals, “Ever since I had the baby, I can’t remember anything. Seriously, this child stole my brain.”
“I’ve got a 13-year-old, a nine-year-old and a baby,” she tells the mag, saying, “It’s like CNN ticker tape running through my mind at all times: ‘Where is Ava? She’s okay. Good. Where is Deacon? He’s okay. Good. Where is Tennessee? Is he okay? Yes. Great. Back to Ava…’ It doesn’t stop.”
To check out Witherspoon’s full interview, head over to Red.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents