Reese Witherspoon Python Bag is Hiss-tory
4:14 pm, November 2nd, 2011
Reese Witherspoon will stop carrying her python handbag after PETA notified her that the snakeskin material is illegal in California.
The animal rights advocacy group tells Gossip Cop that they rushed a video exposé of the exotic-skins industry to Witherspoon, and that the actress has informed them she’ll be dumping the purse (pictured below).
“We’ve long known Reese to be a kind person, so we’re pleased – and not surprised – that she is hanging up her python bag for good,” PETA says in a statement. “We hope Reese’s honest mistake will serve as a reminder for all of us to be extra-certain that what we’re buying is mock croc or fake snake.”
As a token of their appreciation, PETA says they’re sending Witherspoon flowers.
A source close to Witherspoon tells Gossip Cop she bought the Chloe purse at a store and had no reason to think python products were illegal in California.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Get Taylor Swift's Floral Frock For Less
- Leonor Varela's Edgy Hairstyle
- Is Michael Strahan Cheating On Fiancee?