Reese Witherspoon Python Bag is Hiss-tory
4:14 pm, November 2nd, 2011
Reese Witherspoon will stop carrying her python handbag after PETA notified her that the snakeskin material is illegal in California.
The animal rights advocacy group tells Gossip Cop that they rushed a video exposé of the exotic-skins industry to Witherspoon, and that the actress has informed them she’ll be dumping the purse (pictured below).
“We’ve long known Reese to be a kind person, so we’re pleased – and not surprised – that she is hanging up her python bag for good,” PETA says in a statement. “We hope Reese’s honest mistake will serve as a reminder for all of us to be extra-certain that what we’re buying is mock croc or fake snake.”
As a token of their appreciation, PETA says they’re sending Witherspoon flowers.
A source close to Witherspoon tells Gossip Cop she bought the Chloe purse at a store and had no reason to think python products were illegal in California.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Blonde Bombshell: Anne Hathaway
- Ke$ha's Extremely Sloppy Set Look
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 9 Biggest Stunts Kim and Kanye Have Pulled
- Keith Urban Doesn't Want To Leave Idol
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Photos of Nicki Minaj Suggest Plastic Surgery