Reese Witherspoon Python Bag is Hiss-tory
4:14 pm, November 2nd, 2011
Reese Witherspoon will stop carrying her python handbag after PETA notified her that the snakeskin material is illegal in California.
The animal rights advocacy group tells Gossip Cop that they rushed a video exposé of the exotic-skins industry to Witherspoon, and that the actress has informed them she’ll be dumping the purse (pictured below).
“We’ve long known Reese to be a kind person, so we’re pleased – and not surprised – that she is hanging up her python bag for good,” PETA says in a statement. “We hope Reese’s honest mistake will serve as a reminder for all of us to be extra-certain that what we’re buying is mock croc or fake snake.”
As a token of their appreciation, PETA says they’re sending Witherspoon flowers.
A source close to Witherspoon tells Gossip Cop she bought the Chloe purse at a store and had no reason to think python products were illegal in California.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court