Reese Witherspoon Pleads No Contest to Obstruction; Jim Toth Pleads Guilty to DUI
5:25 pm, May 2nd, 2013
The actress was not present in the Atlanta courtroom where her lawyer entered the plea on Witherspoon’s count of physical obstruction.
She will pay a $213 fine.
Toth, meanwhile, appeared in court and pled guilty to driving under the influence.
He’ll avoid jail time, but must complete 40 hours of community service and an alcohol education program; Toth was also given a year of probation.
As Gossip Cop reported, Witherspoon clashed with the cop who pulled over Toth on April 19, at one point asking him if he knew who she was.
She subsequently apologized and owned up to her misconduct.
On Thursday, Witherspoon appeared on “Good Morning America” and admitted she’d “panicked” during the arrest, telling the police officer “all kinds of crazy things” — including that she was “pregnant.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Katherine Heigl's "Lil' Ladies"