Reese Witherspoon Pleads No Contest to Obstruction; Jim Toth Pleads Guilty to DUI
5:25 pm, May 2nd, 2013
The actress was not present in the Atlanta courtroom where her lawyer entered the plea on Witherspoon’s count of physical obstruction.
She will pay a $213 fine.
Toth, meanwhile, appeared in court and pled guilty to driving under the influence.
He’ll avoid jail time, but must complete 40 hours of community service and an alcohol education program; Toth was also given a year of probation.
As Gossip Cop reported, Witherspoon clashed with the cop who pulled over Toth on April 19, at one point asking him if he knew who she was.
She subsequently apologized and owned up to her misconduct.
On Thursday, Witherspoon appeared on “Good Morning America” and admitted she’d “panicked” during the arrest, telling the police officer “all kinds of crazy things” — including that she was “pregnant.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss