MAG: Reese Witherspoon Drinking Because of Parents’ Divorce
1:38 pm, April 24th, 2013
“Marriage Misery Behind Reese’s Drinking,” reads the headline of a National Enquirer piece that goes on to claim, “Reese Witherspoon started drinking to cope with the stress of her parents’ bitter battle in divorce court.”
According to the tabloid, the dissolution of the marriage of her parents, Betty and John Witherspoon, is the “heartbreaking secret behind the ‘Legally Blonde’ star’s disorderly conduct arrest in Atlanta on April 19.”
The magazine then quotes a so-called “source close” to Witherspoon as saying, “Reese struggled with the vicious family feud between her mother and father throughout 2012.”
Also, the Oscar-winner’s husband Jim Toth was arrested that night for driving under the influence, so by the tabloid’s logic, he’s also really broken up by the Witherspoons’ impending divorce?
Regardless, Gossip Cop checked in with a Witherspoon source, who told us the Enquirer’s report “makes no sense. One thing has nothing to do with the other… It’s just so stupid.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Who Called Miley "This Generations Madonna?"
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- Drake Chose This Chick Over Rihanna?