MAG: Reese Witherspoon Drinking Because of Parents’ Divorce
1:38 pm, April 24th, 2013
“Marriage Misery Behind Reese’s Drinking,” reads the headline of a National Enquirer piece that goes on to claim, “Reese Witherspoon started drinking to cope with the stress of her parents’ bitter battle in divorce court.”
According to the tabloid, the dissolution of the marriage of her parents, Betty and John Witherspoon, is the “heartbreaking secret behind the ‘Legally Blonde’ star’s disorderly conduct arrest in Atlanta on April 19.”
The magazine then quotes a so-called “source close” to Witherspoon as saying, “Reese struggled with the vicious family feud between her mother and father throughout 2012.”
Also, the Oscar-winner’s husband Jim Toth was arrested that night for driving under the influence, so by the tabloid’s logic, he’s also really broken up by the Witherspoons’ impending divorce?
Regardless, Gossip Cop checked in with a Witherspoon source, who told us the Enquirer’s report “makes no sense. One thing has nothing to do with the other… It’s just so stupid.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z