Reese Witherspoon’s Mom Challenges Actress’ Dad’s New Marriage as Bigamy
3:13 pm, May 10th, 2012
Reese Witherspoon’s mother is challenging her father’s new marriage on the basis of bigamy.
Mary Elizabeth Witherspoon has filed court documents in Tennessee seeking to annul the January 14 union of John Witherspoon and Tricianne Taylor.
The Witherspoons separated in 1996 but are still legally married.
In the court filing, Mary Witherspoon indicates that John Witherspoon “may be suffering from early onset of dementia,” and that Taylor is taking advantage of his mental condition.
She says she still “loves her husband and does not want a divorce,” and is concerned for her husband’s safety and financial well being.
Mary Witherspoon claims to have found out about her husband’s new marriage in a newspaper announcement and that when she asked him about marrying Taylor, “he said he didn’t know who Tricianne Taylor was and that he did not remember getting married.”
In addition to petitioning for an annulment, Mary Witherspoon is seeking to bar Taylor from the family’s residences and order the return of any possessions.
A hearing has been scheduled for May 31 in Davidson County Circuit Court.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Lindsay Lohan Soaks Up Some Florida Sun
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs