Reese Witherspoon Arrested For Disorderly Conduct, Husband Jim Toth Busted For DUI
5:36 pm, April 21st, 2013
Reese Witherspoon was arrested in Atlanta on Friday for disorderly conduct.
Her arrest resulted from allegedly mouthing off to cops following her husband Jim Toth being busted for suspicion of driving under the influence.
The police stopped Toth, who was driving in the wrong lane, and administered a Breathalyzer. He blew a .139 (the legal limit is .08).
Officers reportedly told the Legally Blonde star not to get out of the car, but she didn’t listen — and so they arrested and handcuffed her, too.
Witherspoon, according to Variety, shouted, “Do you know my name?”
And when the arresting officer said he was unfamiliar with her, she supposedly replied, “You’re about to find out who I am.”
Both Witherspoon and Toth were released on bond early Saturday morning.
The Oscar-winning actress is in Atlanta shooting the film The Good Lie.
Gossip Cop reached out to Witherspoon’s rep, but has yet to hear back.
We will continue to update.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z