Reese Witherspoon: I “Had One Drink Too Many” and Am “Embarrassed’ and “Sorry”
4:03 am, April 22nd, 2013
Reese Witherspoon is now apologizing after being arrested in Atlanta on Friday for disorderly conduct.
The Oscar winner was placed in handcuffs after allegedly disobeying police orders following her husband Jim Toth’s arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Witherspoon was told to remain in the car as her husband failed a Breathalyzer, but the Legally Blonde star got out of the vehicle and reportedly shouted, “Do you know my name?” and “You’re about to find out who I am.”
Now, in a statement to Gossip Cop, Witherspoon is sorry and embarrassed by her behavior.
She says, ”Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say, I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said.”
“It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I’m very sorry for my behavior,” she adds.
What do you think of Witherspoon’s apology?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Macaulay Culkin Steps Out With New Girlfriend
- 10 Reasons Katy Perry Is The Best Pop Star Ever
- Top 10 Celebrity Role Models