Reese Witherspoon: I “Had One Drink Too Many” and Am “Embarrassed’ and “Sorry”
4:03 am, April 22nd, 2013
Reese Witherspoon is now apologizing after being arrested in Atlanta on Friday for disorderly conduct.
The Oscar winner was placed in handcuffs after allegedly disobeying police orders following her husband Jim Toth’s arrest for suspicion of driving under the influence.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Witherspoon was told to remain in the car as her husband failed a Breathalyzer, but the Legally Blonde star got out of the vehicle and reportedly shouted, “Do you know my name?” and “You’re about to find out who I am.”
Now, in a statement to Gossip Cop, Witherspoon is sorry and embarrassed by her behavior.
She says, ”Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now. But I do want to say, I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said.”
“It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I’m very sorry for my behavior,” she adds.
What do you think of Witherspoon’s apology?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank