Rebecca Black Talks to Jay Leno and Performs “Friday”
1:45 am, March 23rd, 2011VIDEO
The poised 13-year-old YouTube sensation told Leno that being an overnight sensation is “so weird.”
Black then discussed how she recorded “Friday,” and that she was “omigosh yeah” surprised how quickly it took off.
She admitted that cruel comments about her and the song initially hurt. “I cried, you know, but I’m 13… Being a teenager you know, you care about what other people think about you, so I was like all of the world hates me I’m gonna die.” But she says she now doesn’t pay attention to the negativity.
The teen also told Leno she’s giving the big bucks she’s made from the song to those suffering in Japan, as well as to her school.
Check out Black’s chat with Leno – and a performance of “Friday” – below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together