Rebecca Black Talks to Jay Leno and Performs “Friday”
1:45 am, March 23rd, 2011VIDEO
The poised 13-year-old YouTube sensation told Leno that being an overnight sensation is “so weird.”
Black then discussed how she recorded “Friday,” and that she was “omigosh yeah” surprised how quickly it took off.
She admitted that cruel comments about her and the song initially hurt. “I cried, you know, but I’m 13… Being a teenager you know, you care about what other people think about you, so I was like all of the world hates me I’m gonna die.” But she says she now doesn’t pay attention to the negativity.
The teen also told Leno she’s giving the big bucks she’s made from the song to those suffering in Japan, as well as to her school.
Check out Black’s chat with Leno – and a performance of “Friday” – below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court