Rebecca Black Talks to Jay Leno and Performs “Friday”
1:45 am, March 23rd, 2011VIDEO
The poised 13-year-old YouTube sensation told Leno that being an overnight sensation is “so weird.”
Black then discussed how she recorded “Friday,” and that she was “omigosh yeah” surprised how quickly it took off.
She admitted that cruel comments about her and the song initially hurt. “I cried, you know, but I’m 13… Being a teenager you know, you care about what other people think about you, so I was like all of the world hates me I’m gonna die.” But she says she now doesn’t pay attention to the negativity.
The teen also told Leno she’s giving the big bucks she’s made from the song to those suffering in Japan, as well as to her school.
Check out Black’s chat with Leno – and a performance of “Friday” – below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting