“Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” Break Silence on Russell Armstrong Suicide [VIDEO]
5:46 pm, September 5th, 2011VIDEO
The ladies appeared on the “Today” show this morning with “RHOBH” executive producer Douglas Ross to discuss the tragedy ahead of the show’s season premiere tonight.
As for how Taylor Armstrong is coping with her estranged husband’s death, Maloof said, “She was very beside herself. I think her concern is her little girl now. It’s heartbreaking.”
“We spent a couple of evenings with her this week,’ said Vanderpump. “She’s trying to digest everything.”
Richards called Armstrong’s suicide a “complete shock.”
“I always saw him as being reserved and quiet. I knew that they had their issues,” she said, adding, “But no one could have anticipated something like that.”
The ladies also denied rumors that they’d been pressured by Bravo to create drama on the series.
Vanderpump said, “We lead and they [the producers] follow. We kind of create and they document. I’ve never felt any responsibility to bring drama.”
Richards said she didn’t think the show pushed Armstrong over the edge, noting, “He also signed up for this, season one… and came back for season two.”
As for downplaying Armstrong’s presence on the show, Ross said he does not appear in “the first few episodes that we’ve completed editing,” but added, “It is important to know that Taylor’s story is told throughout the season.”
All of the “Housewives” except Taylor taped a sit-down that addresses Armstrong’s suicide in late August. The special will air prior to the show’s 9 p.m. premiere tonight.
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained