“Ray J” Radio Prank Leads to Bogus Claim He Had “Nervous Breakdown” On The Air
5:31 pm, February 21st, 2012AUDIO
One radio station in Chicago decided to joke about his emotional state on Tuesday, and shameless webloid MediaTakeOut took the bait and reported that Ray J had suffered an on-air “nervous breakdown.”
Here’s what happened.
The phony call was apparently intended to make Ray J out to be fragile and confused, even though it’s clearly a fake.
But MediaTakeOut and other outlets seized on the supposed on-air “breakdown,” treating it as thought it were real.
The person behind the goof, a comedian named Leon Rogers, tweeted, “LISTEN TO ALL OF YOU NIMRODS THAT REALLY THOUGHT THAT WAS RAY J SHAME ON YOU IT WAS A JOKE!”
Of course, by then the damage was done.
Hear the prank that fooled MediaTakeOut and other outlets below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 3 Reasons Blue Ivy Is Suspicious
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- 10 Most Shocking And Disturbing Celebrity Couples
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Woah! Old Photos of Kim Kardashian
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye