“Ray J” Radio Prank Leads to Bogus Claim He Had “Nervous Breakdown” On The Air
5:31 pm, February 21st, 2012AUDIO
One radio station in Chicago decided to joke about his emotional state on Tuesday, and shameless webloid MediaTakeOut took the bait and reported that Ray J had suffered an on-air “nervous breakdown.”
Here’s what happened.
The phony call was apparently intended to make Ray J out to be fragile and confused, even though it’s clearly a fake.
But MediaTakeOut and other outlets seized on the supposed on-air “breakdown,” treating it as thought it were real.
The person behind the goof, a comedian named Leon Rogers, tweeted, “LISTEN TO ALL OF YOU NIMRODS THAT REALLY THOUGHT THAT WAS RAY J SHAME ON YOU IT WAS A JOKE!”
Of course, by then the damage was done.
Hear the prank that fooled MediaTakeOut and other outlets below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- The Most Mysterious Celebrity Deaths
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting