Ray J on Hot 97: “I Hit It First” Not Meant to Diss Kim Kardashian (LISTEN HERE)
12:44 pm, April 8th, 2013LISTEN HERE
The singer called into Hot 97 on Monday to discuss the buzzed-about song (hear it here), disputing the radio hosts’ contention that it was poor taste to sing about his onetime sex tape partner as she awaits a baby with Kanye West.
“It’s a song, it’s not about that. It’s about a concept. People are going way too deep,” argued Ray J.
He added, “I’m not trying to create no war… it’s all love.”
“It’s a song, we’re just having fun, that’s it,” said Ray J, laughing off the hosts’ interpretation that he may still be in love with Kardashian, to whom he never refers by name in the track.
The more Ray J played innocent, the less the hosts seemed to buy it, claiming “I Hit It First” was a “violation” of Kardashian and West.
Listen to what Ray J had to say below — and tell us what you think!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank