Ray J Slams Claim He May Have Been Responsible For Whitney Houston Death
10:26 am, March 23rd, 2012
According to the Los Angeles County Coroner’s report, Houston died from an “accidental drowning,” and had cocaine and other drugs in her system.
During a Thursday interview on HLN‘s “Dr. Drew,” Houston’s former sister-in-law Leolah Brown took things a bit further, accusing Ray J of being the late singer’s “runnerboy” and plying her with drugs.
In actuality, however, Ray J wasn’t anywhere near Houston when she died — and neither was Brown.
“Even though Leolah Brown was nowhere near the Beverly Hilton Hotel on the day Whitney Houston died, Ms. Brown falsely claimed that Ray J was at the hotel and contributed to Whitney Houston’s death,” a rep for Ray J said in a statement.
The rep also noted, “Leolah Brown had been out of contact with Whitney for more than a year.”
Lawyers for Ray J call Brown’s version of events “defamatory” and tell Gossip Cop her HLN interview “was rife with false statements,” reiterating that she had long been out of Houston’s life when the singer died last month.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?