Raven-Symone Comes Out as Gay with Tweet: “I Can Finally Get Married!”
3:54 pm, August 2nd, 2013
Raven-Symone has come out of the closet as gay.
“I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you,” she tweeted on Friday.
A rep for the actress further tells Gossip Cop that “Raven is not getting married,” but “was just supporting the fact that she heard on NPR that more states legalized gay marriage today.”
And the former child star also tells us, “I am very happy that gay marriage is opening up around the country and is being accepted.”
“I was excited to hear today that more states legalized gay marriage,” she continues. “I, however am not currently getting married, but it is great to know I can now, should I wish to.”
Speculation about the star’s sexuality has circulated for a while, and back in May 2012 she took to Twitter to address the rumors.
At the time, she declared, “My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I’m datings to know. I’m not one for a public display of my life… However that is my right as a HUMAN BEing whether straight or gay. To tell or not to tell. As long as I’m not harming anyone.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party