Rashida Jones Apologizes for Telling John Travolta to “Come Out”
5:38 pm, August 14th, 2012
The actress and her Celeste & Jesse Forever co-writer Will McCormack recently spoke with the website Spinning Platters, and conversation turned to Frank Ocean, the R&B singer who recently opened up about his sexuality.
“There needs to be, like, a professional athlete that comes out,” says McCormack, to which Jones replies, “And a movie star! It’s time.”
She continues, “A movie star. Like John Travolta? Come out! Come on. How many masseurs have to come forward? Let’s do this.”
Travolta has been the subject of tabloid rumors questioning his marriage and sexuality amid sexual assault allegations made by multiple male massage therapists.
On Tuesday, however, Jones backed off her remarks.
She tweeted, “Made a thoughtless comment about John Travolta. I sincerely apologize. Nobody’s personal life is my business.”
What do you think about Jones’ original comments and apology?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles