Randy Travis Arrested for DWI, Allegedly Threatened to “Shoot and Kill” Police
9:41 am, August 8th, 2012UPDATED
Randy Travis was arrested in Tioga, Texas for DWI and retaliation of an officer late on Tuesday — the second time he’s been taken in by the police this year.
A spokesman for the Grayson Country Sheriff’s Department tells Gossip Cop that the country star crashed his car shortly before midnight, and that they were notified by a 911 caller who reportedly saw a naked Travis lying in the street.
Police further tell us that when the highway patrol responded, “Travis had a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath and several signs of intoxication.”
The spokesman adds that while in transit, Travis “made threats to shoot and kill the troopers working the case,” prompting the retaliation charge, which is a felony.
The singer also refused a Breathalyzer test, but was later forced by a court warrant to give a blood sample.
Bond was set at $1,500 for the DWI charge, and $20,000 for the retaliation charge.
He has since been released from custody.
As Gossip Cop previously reported, Travis was arrested for public intoxication outside a Dallas church in February.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss