REPORT: Randy Jackson Out As American Idol Judge, Could Stay As “Mentor”
8:15 am, August 31st, 2012
Randy Jackson is reportedly done as an “American Idol” judge.
He will stay with the show as a “mentor,” according to TMZ.
Jackson’s departure from the judges’ panel has not yet been confirmed officially by his camp or FOX.
Gossip Cop is seeking to confirm.
The last original judge from the hit talent competition’s premiere more than a decade ago, Jackson has been the constant through turnover in recent seasons.
His fellow judges last year, Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, both left the show this summer, and Mariah Carey has been brought on board as a replacement.
Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj is reportedly close to an “Idol” deal, and producers have also been discussing possible additions including Nick Jonas and Keith Urban.
No matter what, “American Idol” is going to look very different when it returns for Season 12 in January.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- 50 Pics Of Hollywood's Most Adorable Couples
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- 3 Reasons Blue Ivy Is Suspicious
- Olivia Palermo's Best Fashion Moments